Thursday, September 3, 2009

Fireworks or Bust.

Maybe my standards are too high, maybe I am too picky, maybe I should be patient, but hell, life is short and I am not going to waste it on anything that doesn't feel absolutely wholly right. I want fireworks. I want a boy that sees something in me that he can't live without, and is willing to show me, to fight for me. Maybe that's overly romantic, maybe that's unrealistic, but I don't care. I don't care. I want love. I want knock me flat on my butt, butterflies in my stomach, knees to jello, holy guacamole it's love love. Bring me flowers, woo me, show me, tell me, yell it from the rooftops. Everyone deserves to find that kind of love. I will not settle. I have settled for too long, it's never worth it. Boys who spit, boys who forget to call me, boys who never write me love letters or tell me I am beautiful. I will no longer settle. I will wait, patiently. I will live without a worry about finding it until it finds me. I will snipe until I am snuck up on, and that will be the way it ought to be. Life is too short to spend worrying about such things as love, when I have so many people in my life to love and to experience life with. I'll know when I see fireworks.

1 comment:

  1. I love you Chloe!!
    You know I'm always here to experience life with you, just give me a call.

    ~Tina

    ReplyDelete