Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Change

Who were you before you came here? I want to yell it from the roof, I want everyone below to masticate the notion that they have changed. Who were you before you came here? Did you spend every night searching for your next high, sleeping the next day, waking up in a haze and doing it all over again? What did you do? Who loved you, who did you love? Did you dance in your underwear sober, or is that a new development, intrinsically based on substance abuse? Did you put on airs, pretend to be something you are not, and lie through your teeth just to be accepted? Why are you doing this? You were better before you got here, when you were yourself. You were nicer. You were smarter too, and more passionate. Now you're just a lemming, like that whole crowd, bending to the will of the high-school-weirdo-on-campus hierarchy. Why are you even here if you don't even care? You told me you came here to learn, not to be strung out on a day to day basis. Not to avoid looking me in the eye because you know damned well I can see right through you. I knew you. I know you.

Be yourself, people would like you better that way. What are you so afraid of?

No comments:

Post a Comment