Friday, July 31, 2009

Anticipation

Today I got my room assignment for college! I got a single, in the non-quiet dorms. I am so excited! I cannot wait to meet my suite mates. Hopefully they won't all be shower hoarders. I'm considering showering at 4 in the morning so I can be sure I'll have hot water and nobody else wanting to get in the whole time. It's really happening. In 23 days I will start living in my temporary dorm for XC practice. I cannot wait to get there and meet everyone and start living on my own. Not living at home is going to be a little weird, going from living on a farm in the middle of nowhere to living in a dorm right next to the city. Going from living two floors off the ground to seven floors off the ground. I'm nervous about being up that high. I've never slept so far from the ground. It will be an adjustment. I fully intend to drop small objects from my dorm very late at night. Pennies, and possibly small water balloons, maybe spit. I have to experience this whole dropping things fad, I haven't had the opportunity before this.

Another thing that I intend to do. I intend to take up nearly full-time residence in the library. I love that library. Not going for ghostly pale nerd library dweller status, but I definitely want to read a lot, and besides, that library smells phenomenal. Old books, mmm. So many intentions. I also intend to ride my bike all over Olympia, and to run around the epic nature trails. Going to drink a lot of coffee too, and go in the sauna (events unrelated). I'm going to eat a lot of rice. Sew a lot. Knit a lot. Meet new people, make new friends, try new things. College is all and all promising to be amazing. I. Cannot. Wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment