Friday, July 17, 2009

Caged Birds

The recent chaos is at end, and has come to a peaceful resolution, at least in my mind. It's a relief really. I am once again focusing on what really matters, and working to better recognise my own flaws and virtues, and to do right by them. I am enjoying the feeling of being defined only by my own actions and characteristics. When you're with someone you are constantly berated with questions about them rather than about yourself. That is not to say that I lost myself in him, I certainly did not, I was nothing but myself, wholly and honestly. Nonetheless, it was always, "How are you two doing?". The more I have discovered since this weekend, the less it stings. I am surrounding myself with great friends and beginning once again to anticipate the future whole heartily and fearlessly. There is nothing caging me now, I am free to roam and to do as I please without fear of hurting another. An expected side effect of this: my wanderlust has returned with a vengeance. I am once again planning adventures to come. It's going to be a good year.

No comments:

Post a Comment