Friday, June 19, 2009

I'm on a Boat!

Just kidding. But I will be in a few hours. I always get excited for regattas. It's a shame that Evergreen doesn't have a sailing team. Joining sailing was an amazing decision, I've never learned so much in so little time. Plus, sweet ab workout? Heck yes. I'm getting excited about getting my boat too! It's going to be a fun project, it needs a lot of work still. I have to think of a name still. I spent some time doing a little research on OK Dinghies today, and they are really interesting little boats. They are much more popular than I knew, and even though Lasers overtook the market in the 1980s, they are rising in popularity again. They are holding International races for the class now. I doubt I'll ever be competitive, but it's interesting. I kind of want to name it 'Zissou' or something along those lines. The video from the 1977 nationals completely appealed to my dry sense of humor, like Wes Anderson films do. I'm glad there will be somewhere nearby to sail when I am at Evergreen. It's going to so nice down there. Only 65 days until I'm living there!? Crazy. I'm already making a packing list. It's starting to become real. I'm at the point of deciding what to bring, bike included. Hooray for green living! Olympia is a cool town, I'm really excited to be living down there, it will be a nice change of pace from small town living. Now, off to my weekend adventures!

No comments:

Post a Comment