Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Kingston

You hardly realise that where you've set your roots is interesting until you are ready to pull them up. This happened to me today, as it has been for many months now as I prepare to leave the proverbial nest. Fourteen years in a small town is a somewhat dull experience, simply because there is no change of scenery. Recently I've started to notice the neat little quirks of my community. Down the road there is Trans Am with a Paranormal Investigators logo on the door, and beyond that a sheep and goat farm. There are chainsaw sculptures in formation in front of the gas station (how very Northwest). Now that I am leaving in a little more than two months, things are starting to happen. We have a movie theatre- alright, so, it only shows two or three movies at any given time- and a restaurant, where you can get breakfast I might add. We have an icecream shop and, of course, the ferry. It's a good little town, though it offers me little. I'm not sorry to go. In 67 days I'll be living at Evergreen, in my 8x10. A big change from farm living. It's all a bit daunting, but exhilarating just the same. That's what this is about. My leaving the nest. It's the natural progression, and I feel I should document it.

No comments:

Post a Comment